You might have trouble finding the right 36 inch gas cooktop. There are so many options that serve different purposes. You have the option of choosing between gas, electric, and induction. It can be confusing to add features and size.
However, this gas cooktop is a better option because of the many benefits gas cooking equipment has to offer. It is a favorite choice among many households due to its precise heat control, quick heat up/cool down, and cost-efficiency.
It’s understandable that you may still hesitate about purchasing one despite all these factors. There are so many choices available; it’s understandable to want to explore all options. We will, however, do our best to give you more than a review of the best 36 inch gas cooktops in 2021. We’ll also offer a buying guide for cooktops.
- Top 36 Inch Gas Cooktop Brands
- List of 9 Best 36 Inch Gas Cooktop Reviews
- 1. Frigidaire FFGC3612TS 36″ Gas Cooktop Stainless Steel
- 2. Empava 36″ Bulit-in Tempered Glass Gas Cooktops
- 3. GE Cafe CGP9536SLSS 36 Inch Gas Cooktop
- 4. Empava EMPV-36GC23 36 Inch Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop
- 5. Thorkitchen Pro-Style Gas Rangetop with 6 Sealed Burners 36 – Inch
- 6. SDADI Kitchen Gas Cooktop 36″ Stainless Steel Range top
- 7. Thor Kitchen 36 inch Freestanding Pro-Style Professional Gas Range
- 8. Bosch NGM5655UC500 36″ Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop
- 9. Empava 36 Inch Gas Cooktop Professional 5 Italy Sabaf Burners
- How To Choose The Best 36 Inch Gas Cooktop
Top 36 Inch Gas Cooktop Brands
Frigidaire is well-known in the United States for its kitchen appliances. Frigidaire has been making refrigerators since the beginning of the 1900s.
Since then, it has expanded its product range to include stoves, air conditioners, and gas cooktops. The quality of its products is trusted, and this brand is well-known.
Bosch is a technology company that has interests in everything from cars and washing machines to almost everything else. Bosch is a trusted appliance manufacturer that was established in 1906.
The brand also believes in integrating designs and functionality into each product, including gas cooktops.
Empava, a brand new company, offers a variety of appliances for the home, including cooktops and gas stoves. You can contact them online at any time and get a full refund.
They promise that their products will be made from the most innovative materials and the latest styles.
4. Thor Kitchen
Thor Kitchen is a California-based company that specializes in high-quality stainless steel kitchen appliances. Most of their products come with a 2-year warranty.
They are committed to fair pricing and strive to provide professional appliances for every type of cooking event.
5. Cosmo Appliances
Cosmo Appliances is relatively new in the culinary industry. Cosmo Appliances is committed to providing kitchen appliances with cutting-edge technology and modern sensibility.
These principles also apply to gas cooktops. Cosmo Appliances is a luxury brand that produces high-quality products.
View more: 9 Best 30 inch Gas Cooktop Reviews in 2021 You Should Buy
List of 9 Best 36 Inch Gas Cooktop Reviews
1. Frigidaire FFGC3612TS 36″ Gas Cooktop Stainless Steel
- The Frigidaire FFGC3612TS has five large burners and a 36 inch gas cooktop.
- The stainless steel used for the cooking surface won’t rust and is strong. The knobs, in this instance, are made of black plastic. They are angled away from your cooktop so that they are easy to reach and comfortable. They don’t look as elegant as stainless steel ones.
- These five burners are arranged with two at each the back, two at either the front, or one in the middle. The two at the rear are smaller. This allows for cooked food to remain warm at the rear. It also means that your pans won’t get in the way of cooking on the front burners.
- It is important to remember that the center burner is quite large. You’ll notice that larger pots are heated by the central flame if they’re on the outer burners.
- Gas burners come with a seal so food particles won’t get trapped. It’s even better than liquids that boil over won’t get into the burners, making your flame gutters.
- Grates are made from welded steel, not cast iron. These grates are lighter-duty and more affordable. However, some people find them a bit slippery, so be careful not to drop your pots or pans.
- You won’t need to press the ignition button repeatedly to turn on the burners. The ignition is responsive and easy to use. To wire it in, you will need to have a source of power. If the power goes out, you can still light the stove with a long match.
- It is designed to be used with natural gas but can also be converted into propane. It comes with all the hardware needed to convert it. This package will fit over any Frigidaire under the counter oven.
2. Empava 36″ Bulit-in Tempered Glass Gas Cooktops
- The 36 inch gas cooktop by Empava has four-burner sizes that can produce excellent results. There is one dual-ring 12,000 BTU power burner, one 10,000 BTU burner, two 6,500BTU burners, two 6,500BTU burners, one simmer burner, and one 4,000BTU stove burner.
- This cooktop is equipped with an Empava thermocouple flame-out failure system, which will shut it off automatically to prevent gas leakage.
- The cooktop comes with heavy-duty cast-iron grates that can be washed. The front of the cooktop features durable control knobs that allow users to adjust the temperature of each burner. This model can be used with natural gases, but LPG nozzles can be added to convert it to liquid propane.
3. GE Cafe CGP9536SLSS 36 Inch Gas Cooktop
- The GE Cafe CGP9536SLSS Gas Cooktop perfectly balances form, function, and features. This cooktop boiled six cups of water in four to five minutes, which is the fastest time we have seen for gas cooktops.
- The right-rear burner excels in simmering with a temperature of 116 degrees F. The burner’s center is hot. However, this is not a problem for gas cooktops.
- The gas cooktop is beautiful in form with five different size burners, a gorgeous stainless steel finish, and cast iron grates. They are easy to lift but also very durable. The grates are quite heavy, but they are also continuous so that it is easy to move a pot from one burner onto another.
- The best thing about the cooktop is the fact that the burners can be placed in a way that allows you to fit several large pans or pots at once. Although some users had problems with the knobs breaking or falling, the cooktop is durable.
4. Empava EMPV-36GC23 36 Inch Stainless Steel Gas Cooktop
- This model will satisfy those who need something larger. The 36-inch stainless steel Empava EMPV36GC23 gas cooktop features Empava’s distinctive sleek, and sophisticated design. This model has 36 inches of cooking space.
- This 36 inch gas cooktop is a top-selling model in its category. For increased precision and durability, the five sealed gas burners were created. This model is easy to clean, thanks to the dishwasher flame cover and laser-cut heavy metal grates.
- Additional security is provided by the auto shut-off safety sensor. The auto shut-off safety sensors will ensure that you don’t leave the burners on accidentally after you’ve finished cooking. There are four sizes available: 12,000 BTUS to 10,000 BTUs to 6,500 BTUs to 4,000 BTUs.
- The knobs can also be set with LED lights. This makes it easier to choose the right burner, even in dim lighting. These knobs are made from zinc alloy and are extremely durable.
- You can also see if your burner is still active from afar. The automatic re-ignition system will automatically turn on the burner if it goes out. This is ideal when cooking in windy conditions.
- This model doesn’t come with an LPG converter kit. It is easy to find the right conversion kit. It is important to ensure you select the correct model.
5. Thorkitchen Pro-Style Gas Rangetop with 6 Sealed Burners 36 – Inch
- Thor Kitchen has impressive cooktops. This one is number one on our list. It will be the centerpiece of your kitchen.
- It is elegant thanks to its many stylish and high-quality features. These include the stainless steel control panel, zinc alloy control knobs with blue LED lighting, and the black porcelain drip pan.
- Two burners will be provided with 18,000 BTUs heat delivery, while the burners on this top 36 inch gas cooktop offer a lower heat output.
- You will need a conversion kit if your gas line is not natural gas. Thor Kitchen offers a 2-year warranty.
6. SDADI Kitchen Gas Cooktop 36″ Stainless Steel Range top
- The 36-inch SDADI gas range continues to receive rave reviews. This stainless steel device comes with heavy-duty steel grates. Standard features include a CSA certificate and LP conversion. There is also a two-year parts guarantee and labor guarantee. The pro-style layout is what really caught our attention.
- This kitchen cooktop was designed for ease of use. It is lightweight, which is its primary purpose. Although it isn’t going to be used every day, you will still enjoy the setup. This unit also includes a stainless-steel drip pan. Cleaning your cooktop is easy!
- This can make cooking fun. Cast iron cooking grates are easy to use. This 6 burner cooker is multifaceted. The two horizontal cast iron pans produce 18,000 BTUs each while the other produces 15,000 BTUs. Each burner can produce 12,000 BTUs.
7. Thor Kitchen 36 inch Freestanding Pro-Style Professional Gas Range
- The Thor Kitchen Freestanding Pro-Style gas range is my favorite. This powerful machine has many features that allow it to be used for any recipe you have in your cookbook.
- Six burners are included in this gas range. Each burner has its own controls so that you can operate them independently. You can also crank the burners simultaneously, especially if you’re making multiple dishes at once.
- Keep in mind, however, that every burner has a different heat capacity. The front burners on this gas range can generate 18,000 BTUs, for example. The broil burner can produce 10,000 BTUs. This device’s U-shape burner can produce 18,500 BTU heat.
- Thor Kitchen Freestanding Pro-Style is 6-cubic-feet in size. This oven is large enough for large meat slabs such as whole chicken and whole turkey. It can even be adjusted to accommodate different ingredients.
- This gas range’s main door has a seamless design to prevent heat from escaping. This ensures that the machine’s heat control and regulation are unrivaled.
- I can also guarantee that the gas range is not fragile. Cast-iron cooking grates can withstand extreme heat and are extremely durable. It is easy to clean the gas range after a long cooking session. The black porcelain drip fan makes it easy to clean the surface.
8. Bosch NGM5655UC500 36″ Stainless Steel Gas Sealed Burner Cooktop
- Bosch NGM5655UC500 is a great option if you don’t care about the price. It can provide professional-grade cooking performance for many years.
- The five sealed burners heat up to 16000 BTU in the front center, 12000 BTU in the left front, right front, and left rear, respectively, and 5500 BTU in the back right.
- It can be converted to propane, just like the other models we’ve listed. The accessories include the necessary kit to complete the process.
- This stainless steel 36-inch gas-sealed stovetop offers safety and comfort as well as an automatic ignition system. It works right after the flame has gone out, so you can prepare food.
- The kitchen appliance is easy to install and clean. The metal knob can withstand the test of time. This investment will make your kitchen look more elegant and can be a great way to show off your beautiful and perfect structure.
9. Empava 36 Inch Gas Cooktop Professional 5 Italy Sabaf Burners
- The Empava 36 inch Gas Cooktop has tempered glass and is built-in. The five burners are imported from Italy and come in excellent condition.
- This particular model has the most significant drawback: it lacks auto-shutoff protection technology. You don’t have to worry about being stranded next time you go out and look for the cooker. Your cooker handles it all for you.
- There are four different-sized burners on the Empava gas stovetop, which makes it an excellent choice for a variety of recipes. The design includes both LPG- and natural gas nozzles, so it can be used with either. It can also be used with power.
How To Choose The Best 36 Inch Gas Cooktop
When you have a budget in place, you can then determine the maximum amount you will spend. It is possible to save time by getting rid of cooktops that exceed your budget. This should be your first consideration when searching for the ideal 36 inch gas cooktop.
Although the most expensive cooktop isn’t always the best, it isn’t necessarily the most expensive. The cooktop that meets your needs is the best for you, regardless of how much money you spend.
Many of the models that we reviewed came with warranties from the manufacturer. If the product is defective or not made correctly, these warranties will protect your investment.
However, warranties don’t usually cover damage due to you or natural causes. They only cover defects in manufacturing. If you drop a bowling ball or break the burners, a warranty will not cover it.
A 36 inch gas cooktop will come with a control knob that adjusts the flow of gas. This allows you to set the temperature. Metal control knobs are safer than plastic ones and will not melt.
Lockable controls are also a must if you have children. This is particularly important for gas cooktops.
Number of Burners
The size of your kitchen determines the number of burners you need.
A two-burner stovetop is best for small kitchens. If you have a large kitchen with a lot of stovetop cooking, you might consider a five-burner cooktop.
For efficient cooking, first-time buyers may not be aware that powerful burners are necessary. You can find out how powerful a product is by looking at its BTU rating on the product page.
A hot surface indicator light, as well as a child safety lock, are two of the most important safety features that you will need. Although they’re not essential, they can be lifesavers.
A flame failure device is another important thing you need to install on your 36 inch gas cooktop. This device cuts off the gas supply to your stove when the flame goes out, protecting you. You can have your unit installed by a handyman if it doesn’t come with you.
The best 36 inch gas cooktop is one that meets your requirements and fits within your budget. You can read reviews of the features available to get a better idea. It’s possible to discover a new feature you didn’t know existed.
There are 9 gas cooktops that measure 36 inches in length, available in a variety of sizes and brands. The best cooktop for you is the one that fits your kitchen the best. Users who have used and purchased each cooktop are ranked in order of their most recommended cooktops.