If you’re in the market for an electric smoker, then this blog post is perfect for you! We will be going over some of the best electric smokers on the market to help make your decision a little bit easier. All of these products are amazing, and when it comes down to it, they all have their pros and cons.
However, one thing is certain: finding the best electric smoker can be difficult if you don’t know what you’re looking for! That’s why we put together this list so that you can find the perfect product without having to do any research yourself.
- What is an electric smoker and how does it work
- Pros and cons of using an electric smoker
- List of 15 Best Electric Smoker Reviews
- 1. Masterbuilt MB20070421 30-inch Digital Electric Smoker
- 2. Cuisinart COS-330 Smoker, 30″ Electric
- 3. PIT BOSS 77220 2.2 Analog Smoker
- 4. Char-Broil 19202101 Deluxe Black Digital Electric Smoker
- 5. Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 990216 Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker
- 6. Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
- 7. Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
- 8. Smokin-It Model #2 Electric Smoker
- 9. Old Smokey Electric Smoker
- 10. Masterbuilt MB20073519 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker with Broiler
- 11. Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker
- 12. Smokehouse Products Little Chief Electric Smoker
- 13. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- 14. Royal Gourmet SE2801 Electric Smoker
- 15. Smokehouse Products Big Chief Electric Smoker
- How To Choose The Best Electric Smoker
- How to Clean your Electric Smoker
What is an electric smoker and how does it work
Electric smokers are a device that cooks food by exposing it to smoke from burning wood pellets. It’s often used as an alternative to cooking with gas or charcoal because of the convenience and lower cost. It can also be easier for beginners who are less skilled at grilling than smoking.
The best electric smoker uses advanced heating technology to ensure consistent temperatures throughout the cooking process, which means you’ll get perfect results every time. They’re also more compact and portable, so they’re great for tailgating or camping trips where you don’t have room for a large grill or smoker. And since they plug into your home’s power outlet, they require no fuel beyond electricity (and some models come with battery packs).
If you want high-quality smoked meat, you need an electric smoker.
How does it work?
Electric smokers use heat rather than fire to cook food so they can be used indoors with little problem. These units work by providing smoke from wood chips or sawdust placed inside a metal container, which heats up and vaporizes the wood particles into tiny droplets suspended in the air. This process allows you to create smoke by placing the wood chips in a tray that rests on top of or beside heating elements.
Pros and cons of using an electric smoker
If you’re a barbecue enthusiast, an electric smoker may be just the thing for you. However, there are some pros and cons to consider before making the purchase.
- They also typically produce more heat and are easier to control in terms of temperature because they’re usually connected directly to the mains electricity supply – no gas or wood is required to burn.
- It uses less fuel, which means a smoker is cheaper to operate and will save you money in the long run.
- Easier to maintain as you don’t have to add wood chips or adjust the temperature from time to time. It’s just plug-and-smoke, so this is great for beginners who can easily get overwhelmed by all the steps involved in smoking meats.
- Electric smokers can be used in any weather conditions – unlike traditional charcoal grills, which may not function properly during rainstorms due to water damage.
- It doesn’t need any additional equipment like wood chips and is suitable for cooking large batches of food at once.
- They produce very little smoke or heat outside the cooking area.
- They’re easy to use and typically have a larger variety of functions.
- The electric smoker can be frustrating to cook with because they have a small capacity for meat as well as being difficult to monitor while cooking, which leads to overcooking your meats.
- They are more cost expensive than other types of smokers and may take up a good deal of room in the kitchen if you don’t have much counter space as well.
- The electric smoker have different settings that can be confusing when trying a new recipe or wanting an exact temperature cooked in your meat.
- Not being able to cook with them for extended periods of time due to this high heat factor.
- They can take a while to heat up as well as eat more electricity than other types of smokers.
List of 15 Best Electric Smoker Reviews
1. Masterbuilt MB20070421 30-inch Digital Electric Smoker
- The Masterbuilt 30-inch Electric Digital Smoker is a great all-around smoker. It has an easy-to-use digital control panel with an LED display and touches controls.
- There are 4 cooking racks that can be used separately or stacked together for large cuts of meat like brisket. This electric smoker comes with a built-in meat probe thermometer, so you will always know when your food is cooked perfectly.
- With 711 square inches of space to smoke up to 20lbs of meat at once, the Masterbuilt Digital Electric Smoker will get the entire family’s mouths watering for Thanksgiving (or any day).
2. Cuisinart COS-330 Smoker, 30″ Electric
- The Cuisinart COS-330 Electric Smoker has a spacious 548 sq. in. interior that can smoke a variety of meats and vegetables, making it perfect for patios and BBQ kitchens.
- Three stainless steel racks are removable, so you can smoke large cuts of meat quickly and efficiently, with the vertical design adding to its convenient form factor.
- Cleanup is as easy as dishwashing the racks thanks to their dishwasher-safe design; just make sure not to grab any stray water droplets with your hands when removing them from the dryer, or else they’ll stay wet! Whether smoking hobby or profession, this electric smoker will have you tending your food like an expert in no time.
3. PIT BOSS 77220 2.2 Analog Smoker
- One of the most popular electric smokers for a reason. We’ve taken out all of the confusing parts and made it easy to use, with no electric components you don’t need. This model is only 198 pounds – much lighter than some comparable models that are almost twice as heavy!
- It comes with three porcelain-coated cooking grids, 593 square inches worth of space on which to cook up your meats or vegetables – enough room to feed up to 16 people at one time.
- The heat can go from 150 degrees Fahrenheit all the way up past 325 degrees, so you can bake and roast your food too if you want!. It comes complete with a porcelain-coated water pan and 2 pieces of wood – we’ll even include an analog meat probe right in the box!
4. Char-Broil 19202101 Deluxe Black Digital Electric Smoker
- The Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker is the perfect addition to any backyard. Weighing in at a solid 58.7 pounds, it offers a large smoking capacity of 725 square inches.
- The double-wall construction and insulated foam seal ensure that heat stays inside for even cooking so you get deliciously tender smoked meats, rippled bacon, juicy steaks, and mouthwatering barbecue pigs in no time at all.
- The advanced control panel with an easy-read LED display allows you to monitor your smoking progress without opening the door.
- There is also an included removable food thermometer so you can be sure that your meat reaches the proper temperature.
- The glass door allows you to monitor your smoke without having to open the door, which keeps heat in and moisture out.
5. Bradley Smoker BTDS76P 990216 Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker
- The Bradley Digital 4 Rack Smoker is a powerful and efficient multi-purpose outdoor product for your home. Boasting a built of steel exterior, stainless steel interior, and full digital control with heats capability up to 320F degrees & smoke volume up to 8 hours on any given night.
- It offers you the ultimate power for entertaining guests and friends with gourmet recipes in your own home while bringing an old-fashioned wood smoker design right into modern times.
- The Bradley Digital Smoker is the perfect smoker for quick and easy cooking. Customize your tastes with the digital temperature, time, and smoke settings to cook healthy meats!
- The four adjustable racks make room for any combination of meat and veggies to be cooked all at once, while 12 hours of semi-cool smoking creates mouthwatering flavors that can’t be beaten.
6. Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D 30″ Digital Electric Smoker
- The Dyna-Glo DGU732BDE-D 30″ Digital Electric Smoker offers a sizable cooking area for all your smithing needs: with four chrome-plated steel grates, you get a total of over 732 square inches in delicious space.
- The 800-watt burner provides ample power even to cook dishes when the weather is colder. This smoker includes an integrated meat thermometer that displays the internal temperature at the push of a button. A side access wood chip loader minimizes smoke and heat loss when more wood chips are needed.
- And, this unit comes with insulated walls that retain heat and smoke during the whole process to give everything you create that incredible flavor we’ve come to love from smoked dishes!
7. Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker
- This electric smoker may not be the best looking or most innovative out there, but it has a ton of features to help you get amazing smoked meat.
- The Char-Broil Analog Electric Smoker is perfect for anyone who likes to smoke food and outdoor enthusiasts that need a little more room for large hunks of meat.
- The smoker’s 544 Square inches give you plenty of space and cooking time for anything from ribs, brisket, whole turkeys, and even your Thanksgiving feast.
- It also comes with dual exhaust ports, an easy-grip handle on the top lid for opening or closing it in any situation, outlets located on either side below the heating element, so you don’t have to worry about cords getting in the way during smoking.
8. Smokin-It Model #2 Electric Smoker
- Smokin-It Model #2 is a sleek and modern electric smoker that will meet the needs of most commercial foodservice operators. With durable stainless steel construction, it provides plenty of space for you to smoke all your favorite meats.
- A new 800-watt heating element provides an efficient way to maintain the perfect smoking temperature throughout extended use’s making it ideal for restaurants.
- The smooth-rolling casters are removable, allowing installation for permanent or transitory locations. The side handles on the exterior make moving your workhorse even easier (notice how we didn’t say heavy).
- Flexible dimensions make Smokin-It Electric Smoker easy to store when not in use and include removable shelves, which allow flexibility in cooking quantities while adding extra convenience during service hours.
9. Old Smokey Electric Smoker
- The Old Smokey Electric Smoker is an efficient smoker that leaves your food tasting fresh, not over-cooked. This smoker is easy to use and has a wide variety of cooking styles that you can customize with heat settings. It holds up to 16 pounds of meat at one time!
- This product has a flat top so juices won’t pour off like they would on a slope. With the included chip tray on top of the heating element, you’ll be able to produce a variety of smoke flavors with just one machine, no more fussing with chips under your grill or waiting hours for charcoal briquettes.
- The temperature is controlled by a thermostat, so you can cook anything from tender baby back ribs all the way through smoked brisket as you’ve never had before.
10. Masterbuilt MB20073519 Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker with Broiler
- You’ve been smoking meat for a while now, but you have always wished that there was an easier way to do it. Have I got the device for you. The Masterbuilt Bluetooth Digital Electric Smoker with broiler is here and saves you the hassle of having to watch your meat like a hawk or constantly open and close that smoker door just to add some wood chips.
- Four chrome-coated smoking racks provide a place for large cuts of meat, while in the one-touch side wood chip loading system, you are able to add wood without letting go of precious heat from the barrel as well as designating whether it is 15inch smoke time or 30 minutes.
- You can use this electric smoker anywhere because it’s lightweight. And if that wasn’t enough, with its Bluetooth Smart technology, you can connect wirelessly to monitor temperature, lighting, meat probe thermometer – perfect for that steakhouse-style simmering or slow applewood smoking.
11. Smoke Hollow 26142E 26-Inch Electric Smoker
- Smoke all of your favorite food for the big game with this dependable, well-built smoker. With 1500 watts of power, you’ll be getting successful results every time and will have plenty left over to share with friends and family!
- The Smoke Hollow 26142E has a full-range heat indicator, so you know when it’s warming up or cooling down without having to open the door. It also features cool-touch handles and a latch system that is easy to use, so there isn’t any chance of dropping your fresh meat out on the ground!
- Your new Smoke Hollow electric smoker comes complete with two chrome-plated cooking grids that are adjustable, a porcelain-coated water pan, and a chip tray for a mess-free cooking experience.
12. Smokehouse Products Little Chief Electric Smoker
- The Little Chief Electric Smoker is a revolutionary, affordable way of smoking meat and fish. With a 120 volt, 250-watt heating element and adjustable heat range up to 168 degrees Fahrenheit, this front-loading electric smoker will not burn the food; perfect for those that are uncertain about how to smoke their foods on an open fire or in an outdoor grill.
- This product comes with instructions for making great-tasting smoked meat or fish, as well as recipes and tips for creating your own rubs. It also includes one bag of hickory chips designed just to accentuate the flavor of your dish so you won’t get bored yet quickly!
- This smoker has up to 25 pounds of meat or fish capacity, all in an easy-to-use electric smoker that you’ll love at your next year’s birthday party, graduation celebration, or anytime gathering. Smokehouse offers a 2-year limited warranty on this product.
13. Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker
- One of the best ways to enjoy BBQ is with your very own smokers that gives you near perfection smoked meats every time. The Masterbuilt MB20071117 Digital Electric Smoker has a 2-hour timer and top temperature setting of 275° F, so you get even cooking no matter how tough meat may be.
- Enjoy easy loading with the patented side wood chip loader system without opening up doors or windows, allowing outdoor access for more than 1 hour per load.
- There’s also a thermostat temperature control for a consistent smoking technique that provides all types of meats deep flavor – from ribs to pork butt – thanks to its carefully designed internal body insulation providing more warmth when needed and strategically placed ventilation slots perfectly connecting airflow within the smoker.
14. Royal Gourmet SE2801 Electric Smoker
- The Royal Gourmet SE2801 Electric Smoker becomes an integral part of culinary culture. Featuring a spacious cooking surface, this analog electric smoker has an independent grease cup that makes your life easier with quick and convenient clean-up.
- Cool-touch handles to make your busy life easier by avoiding painful burns or discomfort from hot metal surfaces on inclement days. And with double pane window insulation to seal the long-lasting heat inside, this smoker will keep food moist and tender even on an extra windy day.
- Equipped with 1500-watt power and a fully adjustable, digital controller it’s easy to monitor the heat settings on this device thanks to its integrated thermometer. With three chrome-plated smoking racks, it boasts 457 square inches of cooking space for any instance you may need it!
15. Smokehouse Products Big Chief Electric Smoker
- Smokehouse Products Big Chief Electric Smoker is your backyard adventure’s newest sidekick! These clever electric smokers provide you with a low and constant temperature for an easier cooking experience.
- The Smokehouse Product uses UL and CUL certifications in safety to make sure there are no malfunctions or construction flaws that could lead to harmful accidents, cause fire, air leakage, or material osmosis.
- They have been engineered for premium smoke ventilation so the circulation is consistent along with dehydration. This smoker accommodates up to 50 pounds of meat or fish and plugs into a standard household outlet (120V).
How To Choose The Best Electric Smoker
Although electric smokers can be relatively inexpensive, that doesn’t mean they aren’t high quality. Making conscious choices is important. It can be difficult to choose between so many options when you are looking for a smoker or grill. It is crucial to know what you should buy before buying. These eight features are all you need to be aware of:
Think about what type of food you are going to be smoking before you make a purchase. You will need to have a high heat output if you plan to smoke large birds or thick meat racks. Some electric smokers can slow-smoke small pieces of meat, cheeses, or nuts.
Some heating elements have higher wattage and can be used to lighten up any kind of material. Know your preferences and make the right choice before you buy.
It is important to take the time to think about what meats you will be smoking. Electric smokers can fit at least one chicken. If you are looking to smoke slabs of ribs or briskets or turkeys, ensure that your electric smoker has enough space.
Important to remember that this does not only refer to the area of each grate. It also matters how large each grate can be. You could also have 4 racks in a smoker that provide lots of cooking space, but each rack is too narrow for a full brisket.
You may need to find larger meat cuts. It is best to limit your search to 40 inches or larger units.
Budget is a major factor in your purchase decision. The quality of the smoke you purchase will be higher if the price is high.
It’s up to you. You can find some great electric smokers starting at $150. If you live in a warmer climate all year, you might not have to spend more for an electric smoker that is super-insulated.
Remember that an electric smoker is an investment. You want something you love and of high quality. You’ll use it frequently to feed your family and friends.
Size and Portability
You can use electric smokers in many places. It is not possible to set it up in your kitchen so you can cook all day. It might be necessary to move it around the house as needed. It might be necessary to transport it outside on cold days.
It would help if you chose a small, lightweight model that is easy to transport. However, it should also have handles and wheels so you can push the other side.
It shouldn’t be surprising that connectivity is an important factor in selecting the best electric smoker, given the advancement of technology and innovation.
You have the option of using Bluetooth or WiFi connectivity to control your settings. Bluetooth connectivity is more convenient than standard equipment, but that’s not the truth.
You just need to turn on your Bluetooth and pair your devices. Now you have the power!
It is important to note that electric smokers with Bluetooth or wifi connectivity will have a higher price. This electric smoker is usually more expensive than the regular one.
Power and Performance
Smoker performance is influenced by power. The range of wattage is 500 to 1500 watts. You want to find a model that provides enough power to meet your needs, but not too much electricity.
In most cases, the smoker will be left on all day. Your electric smoker will take longer to reach the desired temperature if it has a lower wattage. It can take up to 45 minutes for electric smokers with weak heating elements to reach the desired temperature. If you have patience, consider upgrading to a more powerful model.
Ease of Cleaning
It doesn’t matter if the smoker is a can-style one and doesn’t disassemble very often (if ever); cleaning out the bucket will not be fun.
You can also choose larger electric smokers that have large doors. However, these may not be as easy to reach all internal corners. Make sure you check the door seals for any nooks or crannies.
If any bits of meat or fat stick to the racks, make sure they are sturdy enough to withstand regular cleaning. You want to avoid any cross-contamination of flavors and smells.
A smoker with a higher durability rating will make smoking meat as easy and painless as possible. A smoker should be corrosion-resistant and resistant to leakages. This is related to the smoker’s weight. Even if you don’t plan on moving your smoker around much, it might end up taking up space in an area where it can be affected by rain, wind, and other elements.
You will need to choose the most durable electric smoker in order to make sure it is the right smoker for you. Leakages can also cause damage to the smoker.
How to Clean your Electric Smoker
The best electric smoker is a great option for those who are looking to start smoking meat or fish. The machine takes care of the process, so you don’t have to worry about it, and since it’s an electric smoker, there will be no need for firewood or charcoal either.
It can also smoke larger cuts of meat than other types of smokers, which makes them perfect for catering events where large amounts of food need to be smoked at once. If this sounds like something that may work well in your situation, look into getting one today!