Many families often only choose a microwave oven for their kitchen. However, in the increasingly modern life with the need to eat baked goods regularly, the oven is becoming a commonly used appliance today. Knowing how to use a toaster oven will help you a lot in cooking every day. And for the best use and preservation of the oven, you cannot ignore the article below.
Advantages of toasters oven
There are some advantages of using a toaster oven over other cooking methods:
- Save time: With a fast and stable heat-up time, it will help the cake to cook faster, it only takes about 20 minutes for the oven to bake a batch of cakes.
- Cook Small Portions: Preparing a meal for just one or two people can sometimes be more complicated than it’s worth. You may not want to roast an entire chicken or bake a whole batch of cookies for one person’s party. Toaster ovens are beneficial in those cases. You can bake a chicken thigh easily or grab a spoonful of cookie dough from the freezer for a freshly baked treat.
- Make sure the cake is cooked evenly without having to turn the cake or do any other manipulations by using the convection fan system to evenly bake all kinds of bread and some other foods…
- Keep the kitchen cool: There’s nothing like turning on the oven or standing over a boiling pot on a steamy summer day. Thankfully, a toaster oven doesn’t heat a whole room when in use, but it cooks food as efficiently and thoroughly as an oven does, so it’s an excellent choice for those who are looking for a way to eat on hot days.
- Energy Saving: Since toaster ovens are smaller than full-sized ovens (and typically require less time to use), they use significantly less energy than larger ovens. The toaster oven has a timer setting function, which automatically switches the temperature back to the keep-warm mode when the cake reaches the full cooking temperature. Using a toaster oven is a great way to make the kitchen more efficient and cut back on energy bills.
- Better than a microwave: If you use a microwave to reheat leftovers, you may want to switch to a toaster oven for certain foods. Microwaves work by using radiation to heat water molecules in food. It is a quick process, but it can lead to uneven cooking, foods that are too dry or too mushy, and foods like fried chicken or mozzarella sticks that lack the crispiness that makes them delicious.
- On the other hand, modern toaster ovens work the same way that ovens do: by using convection to heat food slowly through electric or gas-powered heat sources. This slower process heats the food more thoroughly and evenly and doesn’t lose its crispiness or crunch.
- Toaster ovens can also keep meals warm at low temperatures without heating the whole house like a standard-sized oven, which is also something that microwaves can’t do.
How To Use A Toaster Oven
The principles of use for an oven are quite similar to those of a microwave oven. For example, the oven will be prone to explosion if you use plastic, nylon, wood, explosive materials… However, the oven allows you to use metal trays or grills such as aluminum stainless steel…
You cannot use the oven to bake sealed foods such as eggs, clams, oysters, snails… because it will explode in the oven. It will make it difficult to clean or cause serious damage to the device.
As the name suggests, the most basic way to use a toaster oven is to toast the food. In addition to baking cakes, toaster ovens can also bake a variety of other foods.
Since the chamber has more room than the slots of a pop-up toaster, you can get creative with your bread. Put your device to good use and look up toast recipes with toppings like grilled oysters with cheese, grilled lobster with cheese, butter garlic bread, grilled salmon with asparagus, grilled sweet potato with butter…
With a temperature range that can be flexibly adjusted from 0-300 degrees Celsius, it is suitable for baking a variety of foods from thin to thick, from quick to long cooking time.
Broiling depends on the proximity of the food to the upper heating element. A standard oven requires moving the rack to a much higher position than it would generally be in the middle.
Toaster ovens have an industrial design, all features are more standard than small ovens so that the broiling meat is more delicious and more hygienic.
Depending on your oven, you may end up with rack positions that are too close or too far away. That’s less of an issue in compact toaster ovens, which make it easy to get food near the heat, assuming the unit offers a good range of rack locations.
With the device on the tabletop, it’s also easier to keep an eye on food before it gets burned.
As mentioned above, if your toaster is big enough, you can roast a whole chicken. It can also handle other big cuts of meat, including lamb leg, roast beef tenderloin, and pork porchetta.
When you want to grill chicken: Clean the chicken then season with your favorite seasonings. You can spread a thin layer of honey on the chicken body to make the grilled chicken more beautiful. The same goes for other foods: duck, pork, and rabbit can all be cooked in a toaster oven.
If you want something creative, create your own unique dishes with the toaster oven.
For effective baking, you should preheat the oven. Starting up a few minutes before adding food will help the oven stabilize the temperature, cooking takes place faster and more evenly. Another tip: You should prepare a little more roasted sesame to spread on the bread when it is cooked. The aroma of sesame and butter will enhance the deliciousness of the bread.
Other great ideas include muffins, cupcakes, cookies, and cakes. Potatoes can be incredibly tender and delicious if they are baked in a toaster oven. Add butter, cheese, gravy, or other seasonings of your choice.
Essential baking accessories are usually supplied with the appliance.
Toaster ovens, in addition to the main function of baking food, can also be used to reheat food, especially dishes that have been kept cold in the freezer.
Before putting food into the oven, you need to preheat the oven by plugging it in, adjust the temperature to the appropriate temperature (about 150-1600 degrees Celsius) before 10 minutes for the oven to reach a stable temperature. You can add a cup of filtered water to the oven before reheating to prevent the food from drying out.
After 10-15 minutes, open the oven door and check that the food has reached the required temperature, if not, put the food back in the oven and continue heating. The temperature in the oven should not be lower than 1200 degrees Celsius and higher than 1700 degrees Celsius.
Some Safety Rules When Using The Toaster Oven:
– When using the oven for the first time, make sure that the power supply capacity is compatible with the voltage used by the oven.
– Avoid placing the oven near other household electrical appliances such as televisions, refrigerators, washing machines, etc. to avoid the temperature adversely affecting these devices.
– The oven and associated equipment to operate the oven must be dry, not sticky with water.
Food containers not allowed in the oven: plastic, metal, porcelain with metal edges, foam boxes, paper bags, wooden furniture, plastic bags, wooden furniture. Metallic objects can cause conductive sparks that can cause fires and explosions, plastic containers and plastic bags can melt or create toxic substances that stick to food, wooden containers will crack or even burn.
– In addition to the toaster tray, you can store food with materials such as: glass, ceramic, porcelain, crockery.
– The space around the oven needs to be open, you should place the oven so that the sides of the oven and the back wall of the oven must be at least 10 cm from the wall. The top of the oven ceiling must also be open.
– The temperature in the oven is very high, so absolutely do not touch the glass at the oven door. You should use tongs and thick gloves when pulling the baking tray out. It is also important to avoid hot steam when opening the oven door, do not let children stand near the oven, and do not allow children to open the oven door.
A toaster oven is a useful appliance for your kitchen. Once you know how to use a toaster oven, you can make many different recipes to make family meals more interesting. Remember to follow the safety rules when using the oven!