Pizza is a favorite food of many people. In fact, it’s been reported that more than 60 million pizzas are sold in the United States every day! It has become so popular because of its delicious taste and simplicity to make. However, if you have ever tried making pizza at home with a regular oven, then you know it can be quite difficult. If you want to enjoy a perfect pizza without all the hassle, then you should consider investing in one of these propane pizza ovens for your home.
You’re looking for the best propane pizza oven, but you don’t know where to start. We’ve got you covered with this list of 11 top-rated models that will be perfect for your home. Whether you’re a professional chef or just someone who loves making pizza at home, these best propane pizzas ovens can help take your cooking to the next level.
- What Is a Propane Pizza Oven?
- Pros and Cons of Using a Propane Pizza Oven
- List of 11 Best Propane Pizza Oven Reviews
- 1. Cuisinart CPO-600 Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
- 2. BakerStone O-AJLXX-O-000 Portable Gas Pizza Oven
- 3. BIG HORN OUTDOORS Gas Pizza Oven
- 4. Ooni Karu 12 Wood-Fired and Gas Pizza Oven
- 5. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
- 6. Mont Alpi MAPZ-SS Table Top Gas Pizza Oven
- 7. Bertello Gas, Wood & Charcoal Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven
- 8. 30.5″ LPG Propane Gas Stainless Steel Artisan Pizza Oven
- 9. CAPT’N COOK OvenPlus Portable Gas Pizza Oven
- 10. Mimiuo Portable Gas Pizza Oven
- 11. Pizza D’Lite Portable Outdoor Propane Gas Pizza Oven
- Buying Guide for Best Propane Pizza Oven
What Is a Propane Pizza Oven?
A propane pizza oven is a type of outdoor kitchen appliance that can be used to cook pizzas and other foods. It’s designed like an oven with the main cooking area on one side, just as in a traditional home-kitchen oven.
The difference is, this type of gas pizza oven has its own heating system, which uses natural gas or propane instead of electricity. This means it can be used at any time, day or night, without worrying about power outages or even if there are storms nearby. Furthermore, because you have control over how much heat goes into the air inside the cooking chamber (the dome), you can cook your food perfectly every single time!
How Does Them Work
Propane pizza ovens, like other gas-powered appliances, work by burning propane (or natural gas if you choose that option) into heat. The resulting hot gases travel to the burner, which then heats up and emits these high temperatures onto the cooking surface below it. This heating element is usually made out of cast iron or steel because of its ability to retain and distribute heat evenly.
With propane pizza ovens, the cooking chamber (or dome) is heated up by this flame source until it reaches about 500 degrees Fahrenheit or 260 Celsius. Then you can use an internal mixture of air and gas inside the heating element that helps increase the temperature further, usually reaching between 600-700 degrees Fahrenheit or 315-380 Celsius.
This is important to note because it means a propane pizza oven can heat up much faster than your home kitchen oven. If you ever had to wait forever for the inside of your regular gas stovetop or electric burner, then this feature alone makes a propane pizza oven worth its weight in gold.
Pros and Cons of Using a Propane Pizza Oven
List of Pros:
- You can cook your favorite pizza without having to go out of the house -it’s easy and convenient.
- It will not take long until you are enjoying a delicious lunch or dinner.
- It uses a low temperature which ensures that the ingredients will be cooked well, not burned or overcooked.
- You can cook different types of food with its adjustable flame regulator for easy cooking control -it has an accurate heat source to cook your food.
- It comes with a vinyl cover for easy storage and to protect it from dirt or other external agents.
List of Cons:
- It’s not that cheap because it requires a propane tank, but you can buy them in bulk which will be more economical than buying just one at a time.
- The product is not waterproof, so you need to be careful when cleaning it.
- It takes a little time for the oven to heat up, around 20 minutes or less depending on food type and thickness.
List of 11 Best Propane Pizza Oven Reviews
1. Cuisinart CPO-600 Portable Outdoor Pizza Oven
- For the pizza connoisseur with a weathered deck and an empty stomach, this is your cup of tomato sauce. With a high-performing 15 000 BTU burner to cook pizzas in as little as 5 minutes at high temperatures for even cooking and unrivaled 143 square inches of space, Cuisinart has created the perfect seasonings for any size pie you could dream up (and some that you couldn’t).
- Safe and easy to transport with its 18 x 27 x 14. 5-inch grill and less than 40 pounds of weight, it’s not only your personal oven out on the patio; It can sear meat while more stubborn or time-consuming dishes simmer on top.
- Plus, there are even four different cooking modes, so whether topping your pizzas with garlic butter sauce or pepperoni for meat lovers – everyone gets their favorite taste just right! So crank up that heat inside by calling today!
2. BakerStone O-AJLXX-O-000 Portable Gas Pizza Oven
- You’re always craving a delicious hot pizza. Luckily, you’ve got this propane pizza oven that does all the hard work for you. Just set up and start cooking! It will be out of the oven in 2 minutes or less, and your customer’s mouths will drop to their stomachs with pleasure as they pick up your pies made straight from scratch at its authentic Italian style brick firebox.
- The perfect oven for those who love to cook pizza on the go, this propane oven falls into a mid-range area. It’s sleek and convenient with its 25K BTU burner that can reach temperatures of up 800°F, which makes it exceptional among other similar models out there!
- It uses about 20 pounds of LP gas, which is more than enough to do what needs to get done out on the grill top during tailgates, barbecues, outings; it’ll be safe and sound thanks to its folding legs and removable pizzeria maker box for easy cleaning. You can easily expand functionality with an extra griddle.
3. BIG HORN OUTDOORS Gas Pizza Oven
- The BIG HORN OUTDOORS Propane Pizza Oven will make you the king of your backyard! The built-in thermometer and two knobs guarantee perfect crust every time with evenly cooked pieces of all sizes without over or undercooking anything.
- Powerful and durable, it’s made of high-quality stainless steel with a nonstick finish for easy cleaning. With a neat cooking chamber design, the heat energy is saved and circulated effectively to produce even heating effects regardless. The custom flame that’s generated by its 23000 BTU burners will give your food that perfect crisp crust you always dreamed of!
- It comes in easily assembled pieces for easy storage when not being used, so you don’t have an eyesore taking up space in your yard all year long. This propane pizza oven only takes 30 minutes or less for assembly and installation on most surfaces.
4. Ooni Karu 12 Wood-Fired and Gas Pizza Oven
- Ooni Karu 12 Gas and Wood-Fired Pizza Oven is the best of the propane pizza ovens.
- The Ooni baking stones retain heat and are made of stainless steel and ceramic fiber insulation. For family-sized pizzas, the included pizza stone measures 13 inches in diameter. However, you can also add smaller individual pizza stones to make your own.
- They cook in less than a minute so you won’t have to wait long. Our reviewer was actually able to cook pizzas in 45 seconds when placed at the back of the oven.
- The chimney baffle regulates heat by controlling the oxygen flow to adjust the heat for high heat and low heat. The back has a port that allows you to add fuel to make longer cooking sessions or to add wood to create new flavors.
- The legs can be folded down to make it easier to store or move. You can also purchase a separate gas burner adapter to convert it into propane.
- The delicious results and the fun of the cooking were raved by our tester. You can also make cornbread and grilled hotdogs if you’re looking for something more than pizza night. You won’t regret spending this amount.
5. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven
- This appliance was designed to closely resemble a brick oven and is ideal for creating authentic Artisan pizza. Camp Chef Artisan Pizza Oven made of smooth stainless steel is sleek and easy to clean.
- The pizza maker boasts a portable gauge at the back that allows you to control the propane gas. It also allows you to add wood to heat it up. The built-in temperature gauge allows you to easily adjust the oven’s heat for the perfect taste.
- It can also be used to make almost any kind of recipe, including pizza. Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven has another thing I love. It heats quickly, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time baking pizza.
- This pizza maker also comes with a variety of accessories that will make it easy to prepare your favorite pizza. To help eliminate the excess moisture, the oven has a baking stone made from a cordierite stone. This allows me to make crispy pizza crusts just how I like them.
- Camp Chef Italia Artisan Pizza Oven has a double-layered ceiling and wall for exceptional heat retention and insulation. This is great for baking pizzas and keeping them warm.
- This stainless-steel appliance can be easily carried on outdoor events and is lightweight. The dome-shaped design allows for the propane pizza maker’s ability to harness the heat from the surrounding air, resulting in a stronger flame. Because of its unique design, it can be used in windy locations as an outdoor oven because the wind encourages more cooking power.
6. Mont Alpi MAPZ-SS Table Top Gas Pizza Oven
- Mont Alpi Table Top Pizza Oven has a versatile stainless steel construction. It also features a 12000 BTU Burner. This oven is ideal for roasting whole chickens or larger meats and can even be used to bake 12″ pizzas.
- Mont Alpi MAPZ-SS is a unique propane pizza oven. This is the only option in the guide that has the tabletop feature. To use this pizza oven as an outdoor propane oven, however, you will need an additional accessory.
- It can heat up to 620F in just 5 minutes, which is enough for most users. This oven will cook your pizzas quickly. This oven has a stainless steel structure and a 12-inch Chef-style pizza stone on its bottom. This will improve heat retention and performance. You can find more options for pizza stones in our comprehensive guide.
- This oven is a great choice for those who are passionate about design. The oven measures 21x15x17 inches and weighs in at 27 pounds. Mount Alpi Table Top Pizza Oven is outdoor-friendly and can also be used for camping. It performs as well as indoor ovens.
7. Bertello Gas, Wood & Charcoal Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven
- After appearing on Shark Tank TV’s show, the Outdoor Pizza Oven from Bertello was very popular in 2020. This oven is perfect for small gatherings outdoors or outdoor dinners with friends.
- Because the device is made from dark stainless steel, it won’t be easily visible and will not rust. The case does not have a protective cover, so be careful. Cordierite is a high-strength material that resists chipping, fading, and other damage.
- The oven can be used with gas or wood charcoal. The kit includes a gas burner, so you don’t need to purchase it separately. It can be hard to keep the heat on a Neapolitan pizza made with firewood. This model allows for simultaneous use of coal and gas, so I recommend using a propane nozzle. This device can reach a maximum temperature of 930°F (500°C).
- You will need to clean it regularly and remove any ash. You will need to place your hand in the oven until it cools completely. There is the possibility of getting your hands dirty with soot. You can make pizza anywhere, thanks to the simple design (29.3 lbs) and lightweight oven. It is best to keep it indoors, though, as it is designed for outdoor use.
8. 30.5″ LPG Propane Gas Stainless Steel Artisan Pizza Oven
- The right home equipment can make your kitchen into a full-fledged pizzeria. The respected, recognized, high-quality manufacturer of commercial ovens worldwide now offers an LPG gas model for those who enjoy cooking larger quantities at once and want to free up their oven space for other dishes.
- This authentic propane pizza oven has all the properties – 430 stainless steel construction. It is a complete package with great features like Pizza stone for professional results; pizza peel and brush to keep it clean and functional; waterproof cover (included).
- If you enjoy cooking up artisan pizzas as much as we do, this oven will fit your needs perfectly! Connects easily to standard size propane tanks, inspectors have rated it among their top choices for safety and customer satisfaction–and now you can too!
- Your purchase includes a 1-year warranty that guarantees parts, so there’s no need to worry about costly repairs or replacements just yet.
9. CAPT’N COOK OvenPlus Portable Gas Pizza Oven
- No matter what flavors you’re craving, CAPT’N COOK OvenPlus is the perfect addition to any outdoor experience. Whether grilling over an open flame or just looking for pizza on-demand, this portable oven has two levels of cooking area that can support all your culinary imagination.
- Safety first- means no scalding yourself when flipping food on the drawer grill, which includes a sturdy handle opening the lid to check your pizza effortlessly. Make beautiful pizzas anytime – anywhere with the world’s first double-deck outdoor oven, beautiful, versatile design, and free pizza peel and cutter.
- It can heat up to 500f within 15 mins so you won’t need to wait too long before your pizza is ready. The thermal convection design means there’s no chance of burnt out or flare-ups while it cooks too. With double cooking areas set at 1/3rd power, it will heat evenly throughout the machine (this also saves on gas usage).
10. Mimiuo Portable Gas Pizza Oven
- If you love to cook but don’t want the hassle of a large oven with broiler, convection ovens, and racks, this portable pizza oven is for you. In as little as 10 minutes time – no more than 15 – be up and running with your own outdoor gas-fired brick home oven! Beautifully crafted from tempered steel and walnut wood and fired at 932°F (500°C).
- It has a cordierite pizza stone that can withstand 2200 degrees Fahrenheit and comes with instructions on how to whisk the dough into perfection every time you use this unique little guy.
- You can even use it for other items that require higher heat in less time, like bread, chicken tenders, shrimp, cookies, pies. The Mimiuo Portable Gas Pizza Oven assembles in minutes with no tools and comes equipped with a 1.5m gas pipe (5/8-18 UNF gas outlet thread). It’s the perfect gift for someone who loves baking or cooking.
11. Pizza D’Lite Portable Outdoor Propane Gas Pizza Oven
- The great thing about this product is that you don’t have to worry about having anything else on hand, like starting wood for a campfire (not available). With everything you need in one place, this oven is sure to make cooking outdoors more efficient and enjoyable.
- You can either cook pizza on the 13″ pizza stone in under 5 minutes, roast vegetables and other foods to crispy perfection using the grill grate underneath, or both. Once done cooking outside: store all pieces in its carrying bag for easy carrying and go.
- Pizza D’Lite is an innovative portable gas oven that’s designed for the ultimate pizza cooking experience. You can transport it with everything you need or carry it on a plane! Use this product to make a delicious pizza in about 20 minutes, whether at home or camping!
Buying Guide for Best Propane Pizza Oven
There are lots of different models, and they come in many price ranges – so don’t let your budget hold back this potentially delicious option! For people who plan on using their new appliance often or heavily rely upon its use as an investment piece (costing more), then going high-end might be worth it.
However, if light-duty cooking will suffice most times but not all days, then skimping just enough won’t hurt either one too much anymore…
You can make any size pizza with a propane oven, but most are only 12 inches in diameter if you plan on cooking an 18-inch pie though there’s less chance for it to be portable due to space limitations and other factors that might prevent this from happening effectively.
The best outdoor pizza ovens should come with an assortment of useful accessories, so you can start cooking immediately.
Some useful items include a stone for cooking pizzas on (that’s why they call them “pizza stones”), peel or pan if using an open flame grill instead of gas stovetop; warming racks allow food cooked in cast iron skillets without burning fingers by keeping their contents warm until ready.
You may have heard that size matters when choosing a pizza oven, and for a good reason. Some of the larger models on this list will take up more space than others; consider how much room your home or business has before making any decisions about which one is right for you.
There are many features that propane pizza ovens offer. Some ovens are simple, where you can just put your pizza in and let it cook. It is important to verify the specifications and capabilities of your oven.
Consider factors such as the power of the oven, the burner, and how the oven was made. Also, consider whether the oven is well insulated to ensure pizza is cooked quickly.
Propane pizza ovens that are top-of-the-line will reach temperatures between 450 and 550 degrees F. It is best to choose a pizza oven that can reach at least 550°F or higher.
These ovens work in a different way than traditional kitchen ovens, so the higher temperatures will have an impact. These ovens are great for pizza making because they can reach high temperatures and have high power.
A best propane pizza oven is a great investment for any home. They take your cooking to the next level, whether you’re just an amateur who likes making pizzas at home or you’re a professional chef looking to up their game in the kitchen.
The 11 propane pizza ovens we listed should be perfect for most people’s needs, so if one of them sounds like something that would work well with what you want out of your new purchase, check it out on Amazon today!