Do you love cooking delicious BBQ? If so, then the smoker grill combo is perfect for you. These products are designed with a smoker and grill in one unit, which saves space and time. They also come with an adjustable smoker lid that lets you control your cooking temperature easily.
So if you’re looking for the best smoker grill combo that will provide excellent results every time, these 15 options are the best combos on the market!
- What is a smoker grill combo?
- Pros and cons of buying a smoker grill combo
- List of 15 Best Smoker Grill Combo Reviews
- 1. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- 2. PK Grills PKO-SCAX-X Original PK Grill & Smoker
- 3. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
- 4. Char-Griller 06620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker
- 5. Z GRILLS ZPG-7002E 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- 6. PK Grills PK360 Outdoor Charcoal Grill and Smoker Combination
- 7. Masterbuilt MB20040220 Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker
- 8. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill
- 9. Traeger Grills Pro Series 780 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
- 10. Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill Smoker with 2020 Newest Digital Controls
- 11. PIT BOSS 700FB Pellet Grill
- 12. Royal Gourmet CC1830FC Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker
- 13. Camp Chef 24 in. WIFI Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker
- 14. Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
- 15. Traeger Grills Ironwood 885 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
- How To Choose The Best Smoker Grill Combo
- Tips and tricks for using smoker grill combos
What is a smoker grill combo?
A grill is used for cooking food. Grills are common in households and can be found at many restaurants as well. Most people use their grills to prepare hamburgers, hot dogs, steaks, chicken wings, vegetables, or other types of meat. Grilling uses high heat, which causes the outside of the food to cook before the inside. The outside is crispy, and the inside flavors are sealed in, so they stay moist, tender, juicy, and delicious.
A smoker is a device used to smoke food with indirect heat and steam at lower temperatures than barbecuing. This method of cooking preserves the flavor of the meat as well as its moisture, resulting in tenderness and juiciness that you can only get from this type of slow-cooking process. Some types are electric or gas-fired, whereas other types employ real charcoal or wood for the fire source.
A smoker grill combo is a package that you buy that includes both your grilling station and your smoking station. This can be very convenient for someone who wants to save money or time by purchasing the two stations in one unit.
The purpose of the combination can vary widely depending on the manufacturer’s intended use for the product, but it usually involves using at least one source of heat to prepare food in some way (such as cooking).
Pros and cons of buying a smoker grill combo
- Can be used as a smoker grill combo simultaneously. This allows you to cook your food in just one appliance instead of two, which saves space on the countertop or outdoor patio. You can also have an additional heat source should yours fail during use.
- It is more efficient than buying separate grills for smoking purposes because they are often not the right size for smoking. For example, if you buy an offset smoker (a traditional option), it may be too small to cook a large piece of meat like a turkey.
- It is more cost-effective than buying separate grills that are specifically designed for smoking because most smokers can function as both grills and smokers anyway; they just might not be able to do both at the same time.
- It is easy to set up and use, especially for beginners who are learning how to smoke meat. Many smoker grill combos come with an instruction manual that can guide you through cooking different types of food or preparing specific dishes like smoked ribs or chicken wings. The more complicated the dish is, the easier it will be to learn with a smoker grill combo because there are fewer components that you need to monitor at once.
- You can control two heat sources on different burners simultaneously; this makes smoking food easy and efficient.
- The main drawback of any grill or smoker is its size. This may be the biggest drawback of a smoker grill combo because they are often smaller than other types. This can be detrimental if you have a large group to feed or want to smoke bigger pieces of meat like beef brisket, for instance.
- Not all options come with an instruction manual; this may pose issues in terms of learning how to use it properly.
- It is not as easy to control and monitor the heat of a smoker grill combo as it would be on stand-alone grills or smokers. This can affect your cooking time, especially if you are new to smoking food.
If you consider buying a smoker grill combo for its numerous benefits, just make sure it’s the right size for your needs and that you can easily use it.
List of 15 Best Smoker Grill Combo Reviews
1. Z GRILLS ZPG-450A 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- Featuring 452 square inches of cooking space, the Z GRILLS ZPG-450A Smoker Grill Combo can accommodate up to four steaks at once. The general power consumption is 90 watts, but within this range, you’ll find true versatility with grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, and searing capability.
- This pellet grill’s built-in features are digital LED controls for push-button starts/offers precise temperature control in 20-degree increments from 180° f to 450° f. Additionally, it allows just one hour of cook time before an alarm sounds, letting you know that your food is ready to come off the grates.
- Simply set when you want to cook, and the grill will do all the work for you when you are ready to start cooking. The PID technology prevents any fluctuation in temperature throughout your cooking within ¼ degree accuracy intervals, so it is perfect for smoking bacon, salmon, or even melting chocolate.
- With the powerful wood-burning engine that guarantees consistent airflow at any speed with just 1/500th of a cubic foot of air per minute. No babysitting is needed because this high-quality pellet grill does everything automatically that other grills can’t or won’t do for you.
2. PK Grills PKO-SCAX-X Original PK Grill & Smoker
- Designed with the outdoor chef in mind, this best smoker grill combo is perfect for grilling on patios or decks.
- Sturdy cast aluminum construction provides even heating and durability. Unhindered by the sides of the grill, food cooks evenly, whether grilled quickly or slow-cooked and smoked under a hinged lid.
- Four adjustable vents provide precise temperature control; dampers allow you to adjust airflow to maintain heat levels steady throughout the cooking process.
- Aluminum side and bottom trays offer lots of space for carrying food, utensils, and condiments. Grill assembles easily with included screws and nuts – one person can assemble it in about 5 minutes!
3. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Roaster & Grill
- The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Smoker Grill Combo does it all so that you can enjoy your cooking.
- This professional-grade grill has TRU-infrared technology which cooks food evenly while being juicy with no flare-ups. You won’t have to worry about not properly cooking all of the food since there are 180 square inches of cooking area to work with on the side for grilling meats–and this space doesn’t get too hot thanks to the tempered glass windows that are also adjustable in height.
- The other part is a smoker box that allows for additional flavor and temperature control from 9,000 BTU’s up to 18,000 BTU’s.
4. Char-Griller 06620 Akorn Kamado Kooker Charcoal Barbecue Grill and Smoker
- The trusted Char-Griller Akorn Kooker Smoker Grill Combo tender meats with its porcelain-coated steel interior finish. This smoker is made of stainless steel, a durable material that can withstand high temperatures.
- The 314 square diameter cooking surface provides plenty of room for food, while the 133 square inches removable warming rack holds your dishes or drinks, which also lets you access other aspects of your cookout.
- A built-in temperature gauge ensures you know at a glance how hot it’s inside the grill from 200°F to 700°F, meaning sustenance never burns but instead cooks perfectly with ease. Take-out ash pans are just one way this product makes clean up after meals easier than ever before.
5. Z GRILLS ZPG-7002E 2020 Upgrade Wood Pellet Grill & Smoker
- The Z GRILLS ZPG-7002E 2020 is the newest edition to Z GRILL full line. What makes it so great? Regular BBQ grills use propane, which you have to go get every time you run out of gas. With this new wood pellet smoker grill combo, a one-touch startup for easy cooking without having to run back and forth to the store for refills!
- The digital control panel lets your set your desired temperature precisely between 160°F and 450°F because we know how important perfectly cooked meat is- no matter what weather needs to be taken into account outside.
- Plus, don’t forget that with these flavor-rich wood pellets included in the bundle comes delicious smoky flavor throughout- perfect for all types of dishes.
6. PK Grills PK360 Outdoor Charcoal Grill and Smoker Combination
- Enjoy the freedom of cooking with confidence even on your busiest days—the PK360 is uniquely designed for easy use and long-lasting performance.
- Detachable, stowable shelves offer space efficiency, so you can tuck it away at home or take it along anywhere.
- The 4-point venting system stands out among kamado grills by drawing in air through doors, providing precision control over temperature and airflow to cook food more evenly than ever before.
- And the innovative ash management solution makes clean-up a breeze. Give yourself greater access to delicious outdoor cuisine at home with the full repertoire of features that only this ruggedly handsome smoker grill combo has to offer.
7. Masterbuilt MB20040220 Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill + Smoker
- Masterbuilt takes great pride in bringing you the latest innovations in outdoor cooking. The newest grill is unlike anything out there in that it takes 7 minutes to get up to 225°f- so you can get grilling sooner. If you’re done with low and slow smoking or searing for high heat, just switch the reversible grates over to sear for some quick barbecue perfection at 700°f.
- To get truly professional results every time, this unit features a built-in temp gauge and meat probe thermometer, which will allow you to see your food’s internal temperature without opening the smoker door. And if keeping an eye on things would interest you more than cooking does, never fear- The MB20040220 has WiFi or Bluetooth connection capabilities too.
8. Char-Griller E1224 Smokin Pro 830 Square Inch Charcoal Grill
- The Char-Griller E1224 Smoker Grill Combos are perfect for Texan cuisine greats such as beef brisket and chicken. It’s 580 square inches of cooking surface allows you to cook enough food for a crowd, while its 250 square inches side firebox can either be used for additional charcoals or smoke your favorite meats and vegetables.
- A temperature gauge assures that the grill is at the perfect temperature before it starts cooking, while the steel construction means that the Char-Grille will last through years of use.
- With wheeled legs and removable cast iron grates, this barbecue makes transporting simple and easy, which makes setup more convenient too.
9. Traeger Grills Pro Series 780 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
- The Pro 780 Pellet Smoker Grill Combo brings together six cooking methods into one surprisingly versatile appliance. It’s perfect for someone looking for that wood-fired taste without cluttering up their backyard space.
- The WiFire technology uses your home wifi network to connect with your grill anywhere you are in the world. Use the free app to create customized cooking profiles, whether at work or on vacation. From beef brisket to smoked ribs or wild hog BBQ sauce – this pellet smoker will have you coming back again and again.
- To speed up cleaning time after dinner is over, simply remove the porcelain grates – which makes cleanup a breeze.
10. Z Grills Wood Pellet Grill Smoker with 2020 Newest Digital Controls
- When it comes to backyard grilling and smoking, there’s no better powerhouse than this 8 in 1 smoker grill combo. With an automated electric feed system that combines the convenience of a gas grill with the control of a charcoal smoker, all you need is time to effortlessly burn as many aromatic pellets as you want for as long as you want.
- And if your hunger should happen to strike at odd hours or through late-night BBQ cravings, simply dial up the perfect level of 360-degree smoke flavor from 180 degrees Fahrenheit to 450 degrees Fahrenheit on this easy-to-use digital controller.
- It comes with an automatic rotisserie attachment, so you never have to ponder about rotating meat ever again, plus 3 years warranty. So, this is one of the best smoker grill combos for you.
11. PIT BOSS 700FB Pellet Grill
- This smoker grill combo is built to last, designed for success. The 700FB features easy-to-use controls that let you enjoy your cooking from 170° up to 600°, giving you the ability to customize any meal to make it taste how you want it.
- The electronic ignition and fan-forced air channel convection heat throughout the machine, delivering a crisp sear or an even charcoal finish with every press of the button.
- Specially designed Flame Broiler allows for both indirect cooking for searing ribs or steaks as well as direct grilling, meaning no matter what you’re in the mood for today, Pit Boss has already filtered grease away from your cooking surface so that all your food will come out tasting even better than before.
- It’s perfect for camping, tailgating, or hosting an outdoor party. Not only are there classic barbeque dishes, but opportunities for grilling delicate foods to perfection without having to compromise. Whether it’s just two people in your backyard or up to 10 at the company picnic, the Pit Boss 700FB is designed to be portable enough that you can have fun cooking anywhere.
12. Royal Gourmet CC1830FC Charcoal Grill Offset Smoker
- This Royal Gourmet Smoker Grill Combo is your favorite toy for entertaining guests on the weekends. This smoker’s 18-inch space offers you ample room to load up all of your meats, veggies, sauces, and spices.
- It has a built-in thermometer that will allow you to monitor the internal temperature of your meat without opening the lid, eliminating any chances of losing heat or smoke, which could cause it to dry out faster.
- There’s also plenty of workspace on either side with shelves where you can prep different sides dishes like coleslaw or baked beans while keeping them safe from direct heat by using insulated containers nearby.
13. Camp Chef 24 in. WIFI Woodwind Pellet Grill & Smoker
- Made of the most durable stainless steel, this smoker grill combo is easy to move around or store when not in use. With a cooking range from 160 F to 500 F and a variety of menu options, you’ll always have a dish for every occasion.
- Durable wheels make transportation on any surface easy while offering increased stability on even more difficult terrains. With Bluetooth connectivity and wifi capability, your food will always cook what you want without needing constant tending as some other grills require.
- Designed with lighter fluid flavor limitations in mind, this smoker allows for direct flame cooking with temps up to 650 F while also working as an all-in-one heater and stovetop system with slide and grill technology that allows you to sear whatever you’re grilling.
14. Oklahoma Joe’s Charcoal/LP Gas/Smoker Combo
- Oklahoma Joe’s smoker grill combo is the perfect option for anyone looking to cook delicious food. This heavy-duty professional grill takes pride in cooking your goods quickly and easily.
- With a full 1,060 square inches of grilling, smoking, and fuel options available, you will be able to make all sorts of delicacies and concoctions on this model.
- The large firebox door with an air damper makes clean up a breeze — even when it gets dirty — and the adjustable dampers provide versatility so that you can change how hot or cool your food tastes as desired – without having to adjust anything else! So order today, because this model comes fully equipped for every type of occasion that you need it for.
15. Traeger Grills Ironwood 885 Wood Pellet Grill and Smoker
- The Ironwood 885 is the best smoker grill combo for you and your family. Traeger Grills take pride and work tirelessly to offer a product that not only excels in its design but also fulfills all of your outdoor needs while still providing professional high-quality construction and durability that stands up to any weather.
- This premium pellet grill offers 6-in-1 versatility to be able to cook just about anything: grilling, smoking, baking, roasting, braising, or BBQing on one grill at a time.
- This model has a D2 drivetrain that starts and heats up quicker; it also and puts out better quality smoke than any other grill on the market. Whether you are minimizing your carbon footprint or saving time on cleanup, this item will be perfect for you!
How To Choose The Best Smoker Grill Combo
Let’s face it. When you want the best smoker grill combo, there are few things to consider beyond aesthetics and grilling ability. The most important thing is that your purchase meets your needs now and in the future as well.
When choosing a smoker grill combo, be sure to take into account what size option will work for both your home and your needs. For example, if you are constantly hosting parties or cookouts, then a larger option might be best for you. On the other hand, if space is an issue in your outdoor kitchen, then choosing something smaller so that it doesn’t take up too much room would work well.
Smoker grill combos come with many different features to choose from. For example, in addition to the standard combo that simply has a small divider between them for smoking purposes, there are options where one side of the barbecue is used as an oven instead. This could be particularly useful if you want something more versatile or use your outdoor kitchen year-round.
You should also consider any other accessories that come with your smoker grill combo purchase. For example, some options include covers to protect the grills from weather elements when not in use. Others might have attachments for rotisserie cooking or even infrared burners, so you can cook up a variety of meats and appetizers without having to flip them over constantly.
Next but certainly not least is the price! While there are many different sizes, features, and accessories to consider when buying smoker grill combos, the price point will be one of your first considerations. If you are working with a tight budget, then it’s important that you choose something within your means so that the purchase is not too much of a strain on your wallet.
Although it may not be the most attractive or fun part about a grill smoker combination, it is something you should look into when buying one. You can future-proof your purchase by making sure it comes with a good warranty. This could save you a lot of money later on. However, things can sometimes go wrong or fail.
A good warranty signals quality. It is often a sign of trust in the manufacturing process and their quality control procedures. Although you may be able to pay less upfront for a shorter warranty, think about what that might mean thirteen months later if something goes wrong.
You should also pay attention to material selection and thicknesses. Most traditional smoker grill combos are made of coated carbon steel. However, this will eventually rust. They will last a lot longer if they have a good cover and are regularly seasoned.
You might consider purchasing aluminum, stainless steel, or enamel-coated options if you live in an extremely humid area. This will give you superior resistance to rust. If the material choice is not clear, it is a good idea for grill bodies to be as thick as possible. 10 to 12 gauge metal is very strong and can withstand rust for many years.
Smoker grill combos weigh anywhere from 20 to 200 pounds. A lighter model is better for those who will be transporting the appliance around or storing it, even if this means smaller cooking surfaces.
But, downsizing isn’t the only way to improve portability. Most smoker grills have two wheels on each side or two on each foot. Even a large combination smoker grill can easily be moved around the patio with wheels and possibly one or two handles.
Smoking is done over long periods of time, so it’s important that the temperature in the cooking chamber remains constant. This benefit should be obvious if the construction is strong enough. If the lid is separated from the smoking and grill areas, ensure it fits snugly. You can track the progress of your fire by using a temperature gauge or digital control panel that is built into the lid.
Your smoker grill combo will be more versatile if you have a wide temperature range. For smoked meats, temperatures between 225 and 250 degrees are the best. You should look for units that can reach temperatures between 180 and 550 degrees. It’s better if they can reach higher or lower temperatures.
Tips and tricks for using smoker grill combos
– If you are not familiar with smoking food, practice on a few turkey breasts or pork chops before tackling larger cuts of meat. The learning curve for cooking large pieces of meat is exponentially higher than the smaller ones. So start out slow and easy to get used to how your smoker grill combo works at different temperature levels. Once you have mastered these meats, you can start to experiment with larger ones.
– To get the best results when smoking a pork butt or a brisket, use a fatty piece of meat instead of going for lean cuts. Lean meats tend to dry out faster and result in tough, chewy meat, while fattier pieces have more marbling which will keep them tender even after a few hours of smoking.
– Do not be afraid to experiment with spices and marinades for your meats. While some classic recipes work perfectly fine, you can also try out new things as long as you remember the basics: always keep it simple! There is no need to complicate your food by adding too many ingredients or flavors that will clash. Stick to the basics, and you will be fine!
– Always keep your smoker grill combo clean by removing any residual food on it after smoking meat or poultry. This is especially important for gas models that run at high temperatures since they can leave burnt residue all over, which will attract flies if left unattended too long. If possible, clean your grill at least once a week.
– Make sure you have enough space around the smoker to keep it away from other household items that can melt or otherwise be damaged by high heat and flames generated during smoking sessions. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions when using smokers, grills, or fire pits for cooking purposes. Never leave them unattended!
– If you often use your smoker grill combo, consider keeping a fire extinguisher nearby. This is particularly important if the smoker runs on propane or other types of gas since these can explode in case they get too hot and ignite while unattended for long periods of time. Keep it safe at all times!
How do I maintain the seasoning on my smoker grill combos?
You can quickly season the product to cook anything from veggies, bread to beef. Use a little oil to ‘singe’ the outside of meat or other food until it has an outer crust.
Which is better, gas or charcoal, for my smoker grill combo?
Gas smokers grills work better for a quick cook, while charcoal will do well for a longer period of time. You can use both as safety features between each other, but gas may produce a less tasty flavor which is the opposite of charcoal.
Do you have to use wood chips on the side when using a smoker grill combo?
The only time wood chips are needed is when using a smoker grill combos to smoke meat, which you can do without them also. Other foods that are typically grilled with the use of the combo don’t usually require it.
But some folks like to rub their food in wood chips before putting it on the grill for certain culinary reasons. There isn’t any rule or requirement to use them while cooking with your combo, but they help make some smoky burgers if you feel saucy.
With so many options to choose from, it can be difficult to find the best smoker grill combo that will provide excellent results every time. That is why we have narrowed down some of your choices for you! We hope this list has provided valuable information about what’s out there and how they work. If you’re still not sure which one is right for you, don’t worry – our experts are ready and waiting to help answer your questions and get started on a plan with you today!